Police Buildings Gallery

Bamfurlong Motor Patrol Centre opened 1978 the building cost £331,136. (Gloucestershire Police Archives URN 257)
Bamfurlong Motor Patrol & Operations Centre circa mid-1980s. (Gloucestershire Police Archives 1972-1)
Bamfurlong Motor Patrol & Operations Centre circa mid-1980s. (Gloucestershire Police Archives 1972)
New Police Vehicle Workshops, Bamfurlong at time of opening 1978. (Gloucestershire Police Archives URN 687)
Motorcycle workshops 1961. (Gloucestershire Police Archives URN 1884)
Police Constable Alfred Willis, pedal cycle mechanic at police workshops. (Gloucestershire Police Archives URN 1257)
Police Motorcycle Workshops at Police Headquarters. showing 2 Ariel Leaders (2 stroke twin) and 1 Velocette LE (water cooled four stroke) motorcycles 1960. Stuart Purves left, Ron Hyett right. (Gloucestershire Police Archives URN 1168)
Police Vehicle Workshops at Cole Avenue Gloucester. Vehicles shown left to right two Austin Westminster Patrol cars, Morris Traveller (on ramp) and Austin Mini 1960. (Gloucestershire Police Archives URN 1167)
Police Vehicle Workshops at Cole Avenue Gloucester. Shows staff at work on Austin Westminster Patrol cars, Austin 1100 Panda cars and Hillman Minx car (Criminal Investigation Department) 1960. (Gloucestershire Police Archives URN 1166)
Compass House. (Gloucestershire Police Archives URN 1839-10)
Chief Constable Suzette Davenport and Police and Crime Commissioner Martin Surl opening Compass House 2015. (Gloucestershire Police Archives URN 1839-1)
Front of Holland House sandbagged during war time. (Gloucestershire Police Archives URN 593)
Police Headquarters Waterwells. (Gloucestershire Police Archives URN 2498)
© Copyright Colin Manton. Originally uploaded to Geograph, and licensed for reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic license.
New County Police headquarters at Waterwells opened in 2006. (Gloucestershire Police Archives URN 1850)
Salt Box police station. Salt Box cottage was built in 1704 and is situated on the junction of the B4070 and the minor road between Sheepcombe and Miserden. It seems to have been used as a change over place for escorts taking prisoners to Gloucester Gaol and only in use for a few months during 1841 being referred to in the Cirencester Station Diaries of the time. At the end of 1841 the change over place was at Nettleton. (Gloucestershire Police Archives URN 1990-2)
Wilton House Cheltenham (Gloucestershire Police Archives URN 2301)
Photograph from Dave Blakeman
This page was added on 06/07/2016.

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *